Manubach was first documented together
with Oberdiebach on April 1,
1190. This was due in connection with
taxation for Duke Berthold's properties.
However, due to its location in the "Viertäler" (four valley) region, we can assume
that people have lived here since the stone age.
Manubach's primary source of income
is agriculture, including, in particular, wine growing.
Grapes have been grown here for centuries
on the steep slopes and made
into wine - particularly Riesling. Fans of old half-timbered houses are also in for a treat.
A host of lovingly restored farmhouses and
wine-makers' houses mean that Manubach
is one of the region's jewels. Visitor attractions:
Wood carvings in the Church of St. Oswald;
many half-timbered houses.
(approx 400 inhabitants, 775 ha)
Further information: www.manubach.de