.
Castle Rheinfels, St. Goar
Most extensive ruined castle on the Rhine.
Built in 1245 by Dieter V. von Katzenelnbogen,
destroyed by the French in 1797.
Underground mines and museum,

Opening hours
from March 1 to the end of October
from 9.00am to 6.00pm

Last admission
5.00pm; from 10.00am
Tours for groups of 10 or more pople

Entry prices
Adults EUR 4.00
Children EUR 2.00
Groups of 10 or more people EUR 3.00 each
Groups of school pupils EUR 1.50 per person



Castle Rheinstein, Trechtingshausen
Symbol of the romatic Rhein in the
19th century. Weapons, armor,
glass painting, top quality period furniture

Opening hours
from March 15 to November 15
from 9.30am to 5.30pm.
From mid-November to the end
of February the castle can be visited
on request.

Entry prices
Adults EUR 4.00
Children EUR 2.80
Groups of 20 or more people EUR 3.50



Castle Reichenstein, Trechtingshausen
Formerly a renowned hotspot for robber barons, largest collection of firebacks and stoveplates in the state of Rhineland Palatinate.
The castle is also known as "Falkenburg".

Opening hours
from March 1 to November 20
from 9.00am to 6.00pm,
Tuesday to Sunday.

Entry prices
Adults EUR 3.50
Children EUR 2.50
Goups of 20 or more people receive
a free tour of the castle
as a discount on the entry price.



Castle Sooneck, Niederheimbach
Rich collection of antique furniture,
paintings, engravings, weapons, armor.

Opening hours
from April to September from 10.00am
to 6.00pm; October to March
from 9.00am to 5.00pm
daily except Mondays Closed in December
- In summer last entry 5.15pm.
- In winter last entry 4.15pm.

Entry prices
Adults EUR 2.60
Adults with a
discount entitlement EUR 1.30
Groups of 20 or more people:
- per adult EUR 2.10
- per child EUR 0.70
Children, school pupils, students EUR 1.00



Heimburg (Castle Hohneck), Niederheimbach
Border fortification of the Kurfürstentum (Electorate) of Mainz,
built between 1290 and 1305.
Destroyed in 1689 and rebuilt in
the 19th century. Now privately owned.
Visits are not possible.



Fürstenberg ruins, Rheindiebach
Built in 1220 by the Archbishop
of Cologne. Has been a ruin since its
distruction in 1689.
The ruin is privately owned
and thus cannot be visited.



Castle Stahleck, Bacharach
First documented in 1135.
Founded by the Archbishops
of Cologne, residence of the Count Palatinate
of the Rhine, place of reconciliation of the
Hohenstaufen family.
Only hill-top castle with a water-
filled moat. Heavily damaged
during the 30 Years' War, reinstated
in 1666 and destroyed again during
the War of Palatinate Succession in 1689. Rebuilt in 1925/26 according to old plans. The castle has served as a youth hostel since then.
It is only possible to view the coutyard.



Stahlberg Ruins, Bacharach-Steeg
Founded in 1200 by the Electorate
of Cologne. Keep, sheild wall and remains
of the castle walls are well preserved.



Pfalzgrafenstein, Kaub
Picturesque castle on a rocky island
in the Rhine at Kaub, built in 1325-1327,
former customs tower.

Opening hours
April 1 to September 30
9.00am to 1.00pm,
and from 2.00pm to 6.00pm.
From October 1 to March 31,
from 9.00am to 1.00pm,
and from 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
Last entry 30 minutes before
closing. Closed Mondays
and in December.

Entry prices
Adults EUR 2.10
Adults with a
discount entitlement EUR 1.10
Children, school pupils, students, EUR 0.70
Groups of 20 or more people
- per adult EUR 1.60
- per child EUR 0.50

Note
The island can only be reached by boat
if the level of water in the Rhine is
normal.

Ferry prices
(Return):
Adults EUR 1.60
Children and teenagers EUR 0.80.